Livingston County is an incredibly generous and supportive community. There are many resources available for those in need, ranging from food security, health, transportation, veteran services, education, senior services, resale stores and more. Read on to see some of the resources that may be available to you, your friends, family or neighbors.
Food Insecurity Resources
- Meals on Wheels, (810) 632-2155. Delivers meals to seniors, great for homebound seniors in need.
- Bountiful Harvest, (810) 360-0271. Food pantry serving the Livingston County Area.
- Gleaner’s Food Bank, (810) 923-3535. Food pantry widely distributed in southeast Michigan.
- Torch 180 Food Truck, (517) 245-9669. Free food truck serving people in need. Provides food-service training to adults with disabilities.
- Livingston County Veteran Services Office, (517) 546-6338. Provides various services for veterans in Livingston County including financial relief, mental health assistance, homeless services, case management, record request and more.
- VetLife. Provides various services to veterans with sustainable solutions while promoting a safer, healthier and more prosperous civilian lifestyle.
- University of Michigan Student Run Free Clinic, (734) 936-7804. Provides care to uninsured community members in the area. Services include insurance information, virtual health, women’s health, nutrition management, mental health, pharmacy and more.
- Pregnancy Help Clinic, (810) 494-5433. Provides medical and support services for pregnant women, parents, women who have received abortions, women in need of STI and PAP tests and others in need.
- Livingston County Consortium on Aging. Has blogs and lists of resources as well as a community of local business and nonprofits that offer services to seniors.
- Livingston County Catholic Charities, (517) 545-5944. Provides many resources in Livingston County including counseling, senior services, special ministries, substance abuse resources, foster care and adoption resources, caregiver support and more.
- Arc of Livingston, (517) 546-1128. Provides advocacy, information, referral and support services to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- LACASA, (517) 548-1350. Provides resources and support for victims of child abuse, domestic violence, sexual assault and more.
- Livingston Educational Service Agency, (517) 546-5550. Provides a variety of programs and services supporting student achievement. Resources are for students, parents, educators and administrators.
- Salvation Army, (810) 534-5060. Resale store with a variety of donated items including clothing, furniture, vehicles, household goods, appliances and more.
- Livingston County Habitat for Humanity, (810) 220-9986. Provides various services to Livingston County residents including home repairs, home ownership, education, resale, safety grab bars and more.
This is not a comprehensive list of all resources in Livingston County.