Check out these fun facts about dentistry and your teeth!
- If you don’t floss, you’re missing out on cleaning 40% of your tooth surfaces.
- The average woman smiles 62 times a day while the average man smiles 8 times a day.
- More people use blue toothbrushes compared to red ones.
- A snail’s mouth is no larger than the head of a pin, but they can have more than 25,000 teeth.
- The hardest substance found in the human body is your tooth enamel.
- Tooth decay is the second most common disease, second to the common cold.
- The human tongue is as unique as a fingerprint.
- The lifespan of a taste bud is about 10 days.
- Your teeth and tongue help give your face its shape.
- In the 1800s, blacksmiths and barbers also served as dentists.
- Sports related injuries account for around 5 million missing teeth every year.
- The cotton candy machine was invented by a dentist. Before it was called cotton candy, it was called “fairy floss.”
- If you floss once a day, you will have used more than 5 miles of floss in your lifetime.
- Toothpicks are the object that Americans choke on the most.
- Regular dental cleanings can prevent heart attacks.
June 26 was National Toothbrush Day and we shared some interesting facts about toothbrushes in the United States.
All these facts were pulled from various Internet sources.
Comments are closed